About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Monday 2 January 2012

TAST 2012 Sampler Header

Sharon b's new Take a Stitch Tuesday starts this week. I have done part of the 2007 and all the 2010 challenge as individual pieces so decided to make a sampler of the stitches this time and work with a button theme.
The stitch area will be 10cm. wide and I'll probably edge it to 15cm.
I'm starting with a 16count Aida band but will use a variety of materials and threads as weeks go by.
Today I made this simple header - just Cross Stitch, Back Stitch and French Knots, stitched with DMC Perle 5, 550 and 904. A small piece of lace is couched down at the top and the first few buttons were added.
I see that Week one is Fly Stitch - I'll be thinking how to explore this, I have used it before.
The challenge is on Sharon's blog, http://www.pintangle.com/journal/author/pintangle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Konny
    I really like your header for TAST and this may inspire me to do a header as well. I am just a beginner embroiderer and have admired your hand work for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great idea to do a header for TAST, looking foward to seeing your first stitch. I have taken part before but other things seem to get in the way :-)still, you never know, wil try to keep up better this time.

    ReplyDelete