About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Friday 3 June 2011

June ....


June - soon half the year will be gone!
I'm much better from the dreaded Shingles but I'm not sleeping well, have too much pain, and still waiting for a spine injection - promised 'soon' in January, (NHS has funny ideas about time scales!!!)
Well, I now have a date, June 24th ....

This week I was more sorry for myself as PC Monitor had to go away for repair - but it's back today.

On 1st June our daughter bullied me to venture out and we came upon a poppy field - gorgeous, though I couldn't climb the fence to get close for photos.
Never mind, it cheered me lots and now I've got a few more pics in my flowers files,

4 comments:

  1. Breathtaking photos!! So sorry to hear of your suffering... Hope you have relief sooner than later! Sending you a hug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics of the poppies are spectacular. I did not know your were not well so hope you are soon the road to recovery. i have had friends with that and it is not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou for sharing the pics!! It's made my night. Connie, whenever i feel low i know that a visit to your blog brightens my moment! Thankyou. I hope that you feel better very soon. Hugs sent to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the photos of the poppies..... I think the field of poppies is awesome and envy you getting to see them in person. I was fortunate to see such a field while traveling via train through France and Italy once..... just incredible, I think!

    Have you thought about getting a shingles vaccination? The hubby and I have done this and he hasn't suffered from shingles since. It must be painful from what I have heard!

    ReplyDelete