About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sunflowers & Haiku 28


"Sunflower season,
Paint, stitch, and take photographs,
'twill brighten dull days"
Our neighbour has a lovely tall sunflower and the local paper recently had photos of blooms growing to record heights - reminding me that I have a collection of a watercolour pencil painting done long ago, a photo of a field in France with the blooms fading, and several stitched pieces, which together have made a nice mosaic.
I added a Haiku as I'm way behind on my personal weekly "52 Haikus" challenge on Flickr - there should be about 32 by now!
Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry with three lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.
It is sometimes expanded or reduced in other versions but I prefer the original format.

1 comment: